There were some hills that were a lot of fun to go down, and there were also some hills that we had to go up. They weren't as bad as I thought they would be, but I'm sure they will get bigger and longer.
The traffic was straight up crazy. Fortunately there was a bike lane for the majority of the ride; however, bike lanes aren't that helpful when they are crossing in front of multiple lanes of traffic that are trying to get to the entrance ramp.
I also got my first flat tire out of the way today. My theory is that I'll only get one flat per state, so that means I don't have to worry about flats again until Oregon :)
The best part of the ride was by far the beach. Once we all got there we took our shoes off and walk across the sand to the Pacific ocean. I'm not going to lie, that was a really cool feeling. Then we took group pictures, a lot of pictures...I think the final count was over 600.
Tonight we are headed to a Jars of Clay concert to promote the Blood:Water Mission. In the morning we are going to church and then we're leave for Seattle!
![]() |
| A vendor gave us free chips and hummus at the beach |
![]() |
| The beach where we dipped our tires |
![]() |
| New fashion statement: inner tubes that go flat while you're riding. |



Ahhhhh! I'm so excited! No more flats in CA! Have fun and be safe!
ReplyDeleteYou must have a tan by now! haha. Like the necklace. -Lacey Wilson.
ReplyDeleteHi Lacey! I hope you're having a good summer so far. And as far as tans go I have a pretty sweet farmers tan going on =)
ReplyDelete