I have one week between school ending and the ride starting and I have been busy filling it with every bit of summer possible. Here are a few of the great things I have done so far:
- Reading a book in the hammock by the river
- Riding bikes with my parents
- Eating French toast at Stackers
- Mowing the yard
- Watching a baseball game...Go Loons!
- Eating a Slurpee (Hooray for Seven Elevens!), smoothie, snow cone, and popsicles…there are so many great foods that go along with summer.
- Swimming with my nephews even though, in the words of Eli, the water was “very cold.”
- Playing at the park, rolling down the hill, and eating a picnic. It was fun, but it kind-of wore us all out.
- Playing Ticket to Ride
- Going out on the town late at night with my sister (and by late I mean 9:30…we are such party animals)
- Eating great food. I'm getting spoiled by my mom's amazing cooking...it sure beats the Mac-N-Cheese and scrambled eggs which are my specialty.

Since my bike is on its way to San Diego, I have not been able to ride for a while. Fortunately, my sister let me borrow her bike so I was able to ride the past two days. After all the time I've spent on my bike it was strange to be on a different bike...it kind-of felt like I was cheating on my bike. While I was riding I found myself trying to un-clip my shoes (which weren't clipped in) and check my mirror even though there was no mirror. My sister's bike is nice, but I'll be glad to have my bike back.
No comments:
Post a Comment