Saturday, April 21, 2012

Arts and Crafts

I'm not really an artsy person.  The doodles on my papers always end up looking more like scribbles than actual pictures.  But every once and a while I get bitten by the crafty bug.  Sometimes the projects end up looking nice, other times the finished product looks a bit dismal.  I tell you all this because I got bitten by the crafty bug a few weeks ago.

It all started when I got my bike tuned-up at the local bike shop (shout out to Gear Up - it's a great bike shop!). The tune-up included a few new components, including a new chain.  That meant my old chain was just sitting around my apartment, so I decided to to a craft project.

First, I made a bracelet.  That was easy enough, because - let's face it - it's difficult to mess up a bracelet.  The thing I like about the bracelet is it's meaning.  The piece of chain around my wrist reminds me of the 27 million people who suffer from the chains of modern day slavery.

Next weekend I will be at the Westlake Car Show riding my bike on the trainer all day.  I'll be meeting lots of people and talking to them about the Just+Hope Campaign.  Today I broke apart the rest of my old chain so that I can hand the pieces out next weekend.  So, if you want a piece of my bike chain, come see me at the car show next Saturday (April, 28).


2 comments:

  1. Those look GREAT! Save one for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and very artsy. May these links, link people to God and prayer for those still held in bondage.

    ReplyDelete