I think I may have become a wussy.
I started to notice this when I signed up for this East Coast ride. Last year on the Pacific Coast I went over 2,200 miles, but this summer I will only go about 850 miles. It's such a short ride that I feel like a bit of a slacker.
The suspicions that I was becoming a wussy was confirmed last Saturday when I went for an early morning ride. I knew it would be chilly, but I thought I was tough enough to handle it. I was wrong. Within minutes my cold ears were throbbing, my toes were numb, and my frozen fingers ached. Instead of going on the intended 20 mile ride I cut it short and only went...4 miles. Yeah, like I said, I'm a wussy.
At least this cold ride reminded me to pack some gloves, ear protections, and warm clothes because it might not be too warm in Nova Scotia.
No comments:
Post a Comment