Sunday, April 29, 2012

Anticlimactic

I had big plans for the car show on Saturday.  The chain pieces were ready to go, I made a poster explaining the Just+Hope Campaign, and I even had a video to show.  I was going to ride my bike on the trainer all day and talk to anyone and everyone at the car show about the Just+Hope campaign.

From the beginning, I knew that things weren't going to go as I planned because as I was driving to the show it started to rain.  There were only about 15 people there when I arrived, and not many more showed up throughout the day.   Since it had momentarily stopped raining I went ahead and set up my bike.  I rode for about half an hour before the thunder and lighting drove me under the overhang.  The car show people hung-out inside the church while I pedaled away and watched the storm (I'm not going to lie, it was kind-of fun to watch the storm from my bike).  About two hours later they decided to postpone the car show for sometime in September.

The day was not wasted, it just wasn't what I thought it would be.  I got in a good workout, a free lunch, and I was even able to tell a few people about the Just+Hope Campaign.  Maybe I'll try to ride at the show again in September, and if I do I'll have to update my poster with some pictures from the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment