Saturday, May 5, 2012

40 Miles

I went on a 40 mile ride this morning with they guys.  During the first half of the ride I was feeling really good.  In fact, I was even thinking about how I was going to tell you that I'm in really good shape. But then the second half of the ride kind-of kicked my butt (and yes, I do mean that literally because my butt, along with my legs, was aching).  Overall, it was a great ride and workout, but I'm not going to self-proclaim that I'm in shape.

I met a couple of cool guys.  One of them has done a few cross country tours so he and I were swapping tour stories.  He is going to ride 1800 miles along the Mississippi River this summer.  Then he plans on riding the Pacific Coast.  He is going to ride from north to south and I told him that was a very good idea because he'll have a tailwind the whole time.

I was wearing my Ride:Well jersey and it has the Blood:Water Mission logo on it.  One of the other guys asked me about it because he has done some riding for Blood:Water.  Last summer he did the RAIN ride (Ride Across Indiana) to raise support for Blood:Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment