I’m completely overwhelmed by the support and generosity shown by my school and my church in the past week.
Thursday night was the Staff vs. 8th grade basketball game at my school and all the proceeds of the game are being donated to the Blood:Water Mission. The night was a huge success. The game was supposed to start at 7:00 but since the line to get into the gym was still out the door and wrapped around the school we waited a few more minutes before we got started. The gym was packed with students sporting their t-shirts promoting the Blood:Water Mission, parents, and teachers. Everyone had a great time, and don’t worry, the teachers totally dominated. As an added incentive, the Junior Optimist Club donated $10 for every three point basket that was made. By the end of the game everyone was just launching threes and we made a total of 18, but I won’t tell you how many we missed:)
This week was also the end of the coin wars at school so on Friday afternoon my friends and I took 4 recycling bins filled with change to the bank. Those bins were very heavy and I think everyone at the bank was flabbergasted by the amount of coinage. The coins were already rolled but we had to count all the rolls once we got there. So the three of us, plus two of the ladies from the bank, sat on the floor of the bank lobby filling boxes with rolls of coins. Thank you for all your help ladies, and you should now feel free to use a credit card for every purchase in your life just so that you don’t have to ever deal with coins again!
On Sunday I was able to share about my upcoming summer adventure with my church. We had water bottles with some information about the trip and prayer requests on them that I was able to give to people who donated. So many people donated that I actually ran out of water bottles! How cool is that? Another exciting thing was that there were a lot of people who had suggestions for other fundraisers. So keep your ears open for backflip contests and Saturday morning bike rides. I cannot thank all of you enough; you have truly been a blessing to me today.
To God alone be the glory. Thank you Father for putting all these wonderful people in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment