Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bugs and Geese

In the last post I mentioned that I hope they don’t have big bugs on the Pacific Coast because they sting a bit when I get hit by them.  However, in the last few days I have learned that big bugs are much better than the small bugs.  Riding through a swarm of those tiny gnats is not fun for a variety of reasons.  For starters, they are impossible for me to see while I am riding so they always catch me off guard.  Also, they get smashed onto my glasses and leave nasty streaks behind that are difficult to get off while riding.  But the worst thing about the gnats is the mouth.  You see, I’m working hard while I’m riding so I am often breathing through my mouth and those little gnats fly right in.  Gross. 

On Thursday I took a ride with my co-worker and he showed me a new route around town.  At one point he was relaying a story about how once when he rode this section of trail he was attached by a goose.  As we were speculating on the location of the bird’s nest I happened to look behind us and there was that goose.  She looked mad!  She flew behind us with her neck extended and beak snapping for a while, but then she retreated back to her nest, where ever it may be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment