Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Human Antenna

I’m a pretty cheap person and as a result my apartment is furnished with things that I got for free.  For example, my couch is my parents’ old couch that was banished to their basement and my washer and dryer I got for free from a friend at school who was upgrading.  My TV is no different.  It came from my cousin’s garage and, yes, there is tape holding it together.  On top of this electronic beauty there are two sets of bunny ears because, let’s face it; I’m too cheap to pay for cable.  This set up works pretty well and I normally get two and a half channels.  Actually, I get about 7 channels, but 5 of the channels only show infomercials (If anyone wants a collector set of dimes just let me know because if we call now we’ll get the whole set for just three easy payments of $19.99).  Now you may be wondering how I get half a channel.  Well, the weather is the major factor.  On a very clear day the channel will come in no problem, but when there is a thick cloud cover the channel does not even exist.  Most days are in between very clear and super cloudy and then the reception depends on where I stand in the apartment.  On very special occasions, like the Olympics, I have been known to stand on one foot while holding the bunny ears just to see Michael Phelps swim to victory and his 8th medal of the games.  This weekend I discovered that sitting on my bike works almost as well as the one footed bunny ear holding fiasco.  So, you can be assured that if I watch any TV I will also be on my bike training.

1 comment:

  1. What incredible writing from a math teacher! I feel like you are right here talking to me. Wish I could write like that!

    ReplyDelete