I just read Sold by Patricia McCormick. The book is about Lakshmi, a 13 year old girl from Nepal, who is sold to a brothel. It is a heartbreaking story, but a great reminder of what I'm riding for this summer. While I was reading it I couldn't help but think of the 13 year-old girls that I teach. I'm thankful that they have not experienced the same horrors as Lakshmi, but my heart is saddened that any girl would have to endure this.
I have no skills that would help save girls like Lakshmi; however, I can ride a bike, and I'll use this skill to fight for these girls. I will advocate for them, speak for them, pray for them, ride for them, and raise support for them so that they might know that they are preciously loved daughters of the Most High God.
No comments:
Post a Comment