Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fundraising Update

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who have supported the trip already.  As of Friday, February 11th my trip is 41% funded.  From what I can tell, that is about where I should be right now.  For those of you who have not yet had a chance to support the trip and Blood:Water Mission, don’t worry, there’s still time.  You can donate online by visiting http://www.ridewelltour.org/ or check out the donations tab above.
The fundraising at school is going well.  A student told me just the other day that they ordered water when they went out to dinner with their family (Order A Water; Donate A Dollar.).  One of the boys has added a little incentive to the process by saying that he will save his legs if enough money is raised!
Thanks again to everyone who has supported this adventure financially and helped out in so many ways!
P.S.  Indiana State Standard 7.2 says “Students will solve problems involving integers, fractions, decimals, ratios, and percentages.”  Just last week I taught my students the percent proportion and I definitely used it to find out what percent of the trip is funded…and they say they won’t use this stuff in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment