Had you watched me leave for my first ride on my new bike you might have thought that I had never ridden a bike before.
The ride was from my sister's house to my parents' house (about 9 miles). I am grateful to my brother-in-law who went with me because, as I mentioned before, most people fall a few times as they are learning to ride with shoes that clip into the pedals. He not only knows a lot about riding, but he is also a PA, so if I had fallen and hurt myself he would have been able to put me back together :)
As I was rolling out of the driveway and attempting to put my shoes into the pedals my brother-in-law ran beside me to make sure I didn't get a mouth-full of cement. Just like when Dad taught me how to ride a bike the first time. He must be practicing so that he is ready when his boys learn to ride. Of course my sister was also there in the front yard yelling words of wisdom and snapping pictures.
The ride was a success. I didn't fall and we made the trip in good time. I will admit that I was a little cold when we were done. 36 degrees isn't exactly ideal riding weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment