Monday, May 9, 2011

One Month

One month from today I will arrive in San Diego, CA.  That’s just a little over 4 weeks; that’s just 30 days; that’s just 720 hours; that’s just 43,200 minutes; that’s just 2,592,000 seconds.  No more saying, “I’ll work out tomorrow.”  It’s go time.

I started a list a few months ago of things I have to accomplish before I leave.  I’ve crossed a few things off the list, but most of the time I look at it and think, “I’ll take care of that when the trip gets closer.”  That excuse isn’t going to work anymore; the trip is close.

I’m very excited for the trip.  I can hardly wait to meet my teammates and start this adventure with them.  In fact, on my way to work the last few days I found myself doing a little dance in the car because I could hardly contain my excitement. 

Sadly, all that excited energy turned into nervous energy this afternoon.  What if I can’t bike that far?  What if I can’t accomplish all those things that are on my list?  What if my teammates don’t like me?  What if all my flights get cancelled?  But don’t worry, as I am typing this I am already starting to forget my nerves and return to my exited state.  I think my emotions will go something like this over the next four weeks:  excited – nervous – super pumped – petrified – thrilled – scarred – delighted – anxious – elated – tense – and then back to excited again.  Maybe this is good training for the ups and downs of the mountains I will meet out there.

2 comments:

  1. Dude. Your teammates are going to love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! And great job on this blog! I really enjoy reading it! Can't wait til I get to read about how tired and sore and totally worth every second this trip is going to be for you (and for those it's gonna impact!)

    ReplyDelete