Monday, May 23, 2011

Not Pretty

It turns out biking is not always pretty.  Here are some examples…

Just a little rain can mean a whole lot of mud.  My shoes – and legs for that matter – are not normally speckled. 

Windy days can also lead to unappealing events.  Riding into the wind is hard work so I end up breathing through my mouth.  That is when the wind whips out what little saliva is left in my mouth and smears it across my face.  Gorgeous.

I’ve mentioned my biking gloves before with the built-in nose wiper.  At first I thought this was gross, but I have found that it is completely necessary.  My nose runs like a faucet while I’m biking.

I have seen a lot of snot rockets in the last few weeks as I have been riding with other people.  The snot rocket was first created by cross country runners and has since been adapted and implemented in almost every other sporting arena.  To perform a snot rocket you plug one nostril and then blow ridiculously hard causing a nasty mess of slime to go shooting out of your nose.  Gross.  A snot rocket that is executed correctly will leave you with clean hands, a clean face, a clear nose, and no nasty tissue.  I have yet to achieve a successful snot rocket.  

No comments:

Post a Comment