Saturday, March 19, 2011

30 in 35

There are a great deal of things in this world that I do not understand and one of those things is the weather.  It was 72 degrees two days ago, but today it is only 35 degrees!  Fortunately, I check the weather this morning and added a few extra layers of clothes before I left for my ride. 

I went 30 miles today.  So far, that is the longest I have gone in one trip.  I thought it went pretty well.  In fact, I even started to feel a little cocky and thought things like, "this summer's going to be a piece of cake."  The only thing that scared me a little was riding by the high school and seeing cars in the parking lot.  I was afraid it wasn't actually Saturday and I had inadvertently skipped work.  But it really is Saturday and there is just some sort of band competition going on at the high school.

I just looked at our schedule for the summer and that cocky feeling I was having is now completely gone.  We will average 78 mile each day...I didn't even go half that far today.  My guess is the mileage wont be the only difference.  The thought of the mountains and wind that we will most definitely encounter is also making me tremble in my boots at this moment.  I'm sure this summer will be challenging, exciting, inspiring and I'm also quite certain that it will NOT be a "piece of cake."

The truth is, right now I'm having a difficult time convincing myself to get off the couch and go into school to get some work done.  Turns out my legs are a little tired after a meager 30 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment