Sunday, December 5, 2010

Motives

What are my motives for going on this trip?  I’m giving up five weeks of my summer in exchange for, what I can only imagine is, a very sore bum.  Why am I doing this????  I’m doing this because…
I want to help the people in Marsabit, Kenya.  I want to provide the sick and poor with a glass of clean water.
I want to meet God on the trip.  I want to feel his presence and know his character.  I want him to change me to become more like him.

I want to have teammates.  People who will help me through the struggles on the ride and people I can trust to cover my back.  (And I hope they also laugh at my corny jokes too.)
               
I want to watch the sunset, ride through redwood trees, cross the Golden Gate Bridge, see seals and touch the Pacific Ocean.
               
I want to have a good answer when people ask me what I will be doing this summer.
               
I want to do this because I can, because I want to do something that is unique and impressive.

I want a lot of things.  Some of these things will happen, and some of them wont...and that is okay.  But my goal, what must happen on this trip, is I must glorify God.   "To him be the glory forever!" Romans 11:36

1 comment:

  1. You have a great blog here Bekah! Kudos! I'm excited for you and it sounds like the training is going well. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete