Friday, December 3, 2010

Rumors

As I said before, middle schools are a great environment for rumors to spread.  I would like to take this opportunity to publicly stop this particular rumor before it goes any farther.

I am NOT pregnant.

The students at school are still trying to figure out the Big Deal and as teachers we are being bombarded with questions like "what's the big deal?!?"  I've even had a few students stay after class to plead with me; "Please tell me, I promise not to tell anyone else, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas!" 

This week one boy walked into my classroom and announced he knew the Big Deal .  When I asked him what the Big deal is he started to act a little awkward and nervous (not all that uncommon for a middle schooler).  He started by quietly saying, "well, ladies get big when they are pregnant, so I think someone is going to have a baby."  When none of his classmates laughed or threw rotten fruit at him he gain courage and proclaimed, "Since your name is Deal I think it is you!"  I got a pretty good laugh out of this and assured the student that if his theory was true I would name the baby after him.

1 comment:

  1. your preggo!?! Congrats! You know... Jared is a strong name for a boy.... or a girl.

    ReplyDelete