Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Harder Than I Thought

This is going to be harder than I thought.

Not the riding.  Sure, that's difficult but that's what I expected of the riding - I wanted it to be a challenge.  The hard part is going to be leaving this life of simplicity in a few weeks.  These are just a few of the many, many things that I will miss when this adventure is over:

Being absolutely physically exhausted
Falling asleep in random places like coffee shops, the dinner table and museum floors
Family dinners
Eating all the time
Doing laundry with other people
Cloudy mountain top sanctuaries
Beautiful coastal views
Going ridiculously fast down a mountain on my bicycle
Aaron's animated stories
Abby's sarcasm
Chris's directions
Deb's hard work
Elizabeth's accents
Eva's cooking
Kyle's love of flowers
Lisa's jokes
Margie's questions
Morning devotions and silent rides
Toasting
Inside jokes
Hearing people's stories
The headwind (okay, maybe I wont miss the headwind, but I will miss drafting with my teammates)
Waking up to the sound of air mattresses being deflated
Eating string cheese and honey sandwiches

And the list could go on and on...

1 comment:

  1. String cheese and honey on the sandwich? Maybe you folks have been out in the sun a bit too long...

    ReplyDelete